Unborn Child Pain Act Falls Short

ChelseaAbortion, Politics, Pro Life, Right to LifeLeave a Comment

Although a marjority of Representatives voted in favor of the bill the vote fell short of the two-thirds needed to pass under parlimentary procedure. While I’m glad that there was a majority in favor, I am pretty disappointed that this did not pass. We’re dismembering our children in the womb and we won’t inform the mother that this horrific procedure could be very painful, possibly sparing her the guilt that many post-abortive women feel later on. Here’s a great statement from the legislative director for National Right to Life:

“It is no small thing that 60 percent of the House endorsed requiring abortionists to inform women that late abortion may be very painful to the unborn child. The other 40 percent will have to explain why they favor anti-pain laws for animals used for research or food, but not for unborn humans.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *